CBFS Vault 2022 Changelog
This document provides high-level information about new features, fixes, and functionality changes between minor versions releases of CBFS Vault. The information provided here is also available as an RSS feed.
For more details or if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: January 25, 2023
- Minor documentation updates
Date: December 31, 2022
- [NEW] Initial release of version 2022
- [IMPORTANT] Replaced the
AlwaysJournalMetadataconfiguration setting with the
JournalingModeparameter in the
- [IMPORTANT] The password cache now supports expiration time (time-to-live) of passwords. The
FilePasswordNeededevent and the
CacheFilePasswordmethod got the corresponding parameters.
- [NEW] The
CacheFilePasswordmethod got an extra
- [IMPORTANT] The
DefaultFilePasswordproperty has been split to
- [NEW] The
FileAfterCopyevents have been added to track progress of file export/import methods (
- [NEW] The
Progressevent now reports the filename being copied by
Date: May 26, 2022
- [FIX] The
IsCorruptedproperty returned true, when called on a closed vault.
- [FIX] In callback mode, setting
VaultSizeMindidn't account for the fact that the backend could already have space of this size.
- [FIX] [CBDrive] [Windows]: Icon-related functions could fail to work with confusing errors.
Date: April 3, 2022
- [NEW] Added support for x64 operations on Windows 11/ARM64 systems. Now, the installation methods executed in x64 mode can install the drivers and the helper DLL to such as system.
- [FIX] BSOD could occur in rare cases if the user-mode application was terminated.
- [FIX] Driver Verifier reported allocation of memory in non-paged pool without Nx flag. Workardound added.
Date: December 27, 2021
GetModuleVersionnow requests the version from the running filesystem driver, if one is available. This helps to obtain the version of the running driver in the period between the driver update and system restart.
- [FIX] The helper DLL is now activated only in "explorer.exe", which should reduce the chance that it misses notifications after the host process quits.
- [FIX] [Python] Unicode event parameters were not converted right on platforms other than Windows.
Date: November 8, 2021
- [FIX] A sporadic C++ exception could happen upon deletion of the component or application shutdown due to a compiler quirk.
Date: November 5, 2021
- [NEW] Process tracking library improved, so the loaded driver should cause a slightly lower effect on system operations.
Date: September 9, 2021
- [NEW] Preliminary support for Windows 11.
- [FIX] Docker failed to work in process isolation mode when CBFS Connect driver was installed. A workaround has been implemented.
- [FIX] Improved compatibility with CD-ROM devices when they are installed in the system.
- [NEW] Node.js edition (Beta).
Date: August 13, 2021
- [NEW] Added the
AlwaysJournalMetadataconfiguration setting (enabled by default) which enables or disables journaling of the filesystem structure even when the main data journaling is disabled.
- [FIX] The automatic compact procedure did not start unless at least one of
VaultSizeMaxproperties was set to a non-zero value.
GetFileMetadataSizemethods did not return correct results for values larger than 0x7FFFFFFF bytes. This did not affect any internal operations or file integrity.
Date: June 15, 2021
- [NEW] Initial release