Extend and customize Windows Explorer with virtual folders, custom menus, toolbars, details columns and more!Download
Windows Explorer Customization
Extend Windows Explorer for your users with CBFS Shell. Define how users interact with files and folders, customize context menus, add informational columns and more. Unlike in-process code, which can crash the Explorer process, CBFS Shell runs in a separate process from Windows Explorer and communicates with your application via an efficient RPC mechanism. Unexpected or unhandled conditions in your shell application do not crash Explorer or other applications.Supported operations include:
- Creating and managing virtual folders
- Customizing visual information including Views, Thumbnails, Toolbars, etc.
- Context menu item customization
- Supporting end-user actions such as Copy, Paste, Drag and Drop
- Creating custom columns visible in detail view
Greater Explorer Stability
Only our unique proxy runs in the Explorer process, which calls your code via local RPC. Your code runs out of process, keeping Wxplorer stable and responsive. This configuration is what enables you to use managed .NET code to create Shell Namespace Extensions.
CBFS Shell can be used to easily create and manage virtual folders--file contents displayed as a folder--with the help of a Shell Namespace Extension. When a user navigates into a virtual folder, the data is presented as a tree of folders and files, just like any other folder.
Additional Views and Visual Information
CBFS Shell's standard namespace also includes other UI elements you can customize, such as:
- Details View, List View, and Icon View
- Thumbnails and Tooltips
- Property Pages
- Toolbars and Ribbons
Complete Navigation and Menu Options
CBFS Shell allows your application to handle many standard end-user actions on files and folders, such as:
- Context Menus (with standard or specific items)
- Copy, Paste, Cut, Delete, Link, Drag and Drop
- Go To, Backward, Forward, Level Up, Level Down
- Grouping and Filtering
CBFS Shell allows you to customize which columns are visible within the detail view of Windows Explorer. Choose from many pre-defined options or create your own columns. CBFS Shell allows you to present items within a folder in a way that best fits your specific use case.
High Performance .NET Components
.NET components based on the same high-performance codebase as our native editions. The edition of choice for .NET applications.
- .NET components built atop our high-performance shared codebase.
- Support for .NET 6, .NET 5, and .NET Core 3.1.
- Extensive demo applications written in C# and VB.NET.
- Comprehensive integrated product documentation.
- Seamless integration with Visual Studio.
- Support for .NET Framework 4.6.2 - 4.8.
The following demos are installed with the product. Download the trial to get started.
30-Day Fully-Functional Trial
Get started today and see why developers worldwide
choose Callback Technologies components.
Extend and customize Windows Explorer with virtual folders, custom menus, toolbars, details columns and more!